Sunday, October 18, 2009

Christmas!

I am writing this on the day it is due and it makes me really mad. I am mad because I was planning to do this on Friday but I totally forgot. When I remembered was Sunday morning the day it’s due. After I realized that I began to think about what I wanted to write about. This is what I came up with.

Lately I have been thinking about the holidays coming up. I mean Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the coming of a new year. This time of year is packed with different holidays and different reasons. I have been thinking about holidays a lot lately, but mostly Christmas. For one reason, I have Christmas songs stuck in my head like crazy. I can’t wait for Halloween to be over (sorry to you Halloween lovers, I’m not one of those) my grandparents from St. George are coming for the Christmas holidays. I haven’t been able to celebrate Christmas with these particular grandparents for quite a few years (it’s actually been 9 years since we’ve had Christmas dinner with them). So I am really excited to have Christmas with them because I don’t even remember having Christmas dinner with them. Though there is one thing that we try to do every December with all the girl cousins in our family. This is what we do, we have my grandpa take all the boys and adult men some where while the girls stay at my grandparent’s house. We then, with our moms, sisters, girl cousins and of course our grandma, we make ginger bread houses. It is so much fun; we make our own with our own special designs. We have the most important thing for ginger bread housed with us too. Lots and lots of candy, M&M’s (our family favorite) candy canes, peeps, marshmallows, chocolate Santa’s, Dots, frosting to cover the houses and make the candy stick. With a whole lot more candy too (I just can’t remember all the names). Though there is a sad thing we don’t always get to do it every year because my family lived here and a lot of my cousins live in St. George. Though if I am with my other side of my family we do fun things too, like I remember we went sledding when I was younger. We play out in the snow, play games and have a huge dinner. When I say huge I really mean it. We have a lot of fun during the Christmas holidays, and I love them a lot. The music like I said before are stuck in my head, I caught myself singing them in my bed room. I have been looking at my families Christmas piano books. When I am not thinking about school I’m thinking about Christmas because I can’t wait. The bad thing though is we still have Halloween and Thanksgiving before Christmas comes. Besides those two holidays still to come we also still have school, school, and more school. That is another reason I am excited for Christmas, two weeks off of school. A break I cannot wait for!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about winter break, but I LOVE halloween :D so sorry you can't enjoy it with me ;) HEY we need to have a halloween party!! that will get you in the spirit (hehehe) of things!!

    ReplyDelete