Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14, 2010


So today is Valentine’s Day! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!! February is a good time of year, I mean it is the second month into the New Year and everyone is getting used to it. Tomorrow we don’t have school!!! Isn’t that wonderful? I think it is I have been waiting for this break for so long. Plus, guess what came out over the weekend? Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief! Yes, and I can’t wait to go see it in theaters. If you haven’t read the books you sure are missing out, I mean big time, I absolutely loved these books. They are full of action, and plenty to learn about Greek Mythology. My friend and I tried to get another one of our friends to read it and she wouldn’t do it, we even did this big debate thing in school to try to read it. Well then my friend got it for her for her birthday and she read it, but she didn’t like it! We were amazed, my parents got it for my brother though and he loved it. Really, if you haven’t read it you should, and now it is a movie which is an even bigger reason to read the book, so you can then go and see the movie and compare the two. Usually the book is better though, so if you go to the movie you definitely have to read the book, the books are amazing! You have to give it a try, you never know unless you give it a try.

When reading these books you are captured, you are drawn into the books and you just can’t let go. Believe me; I didn’t want to put the books down when I got into the series. I have friends who don’t like reading and they read the first book and really liked it. Sorry everyone, I have probably already written about this on my blog, and I will probably write about it later after I see the movie, but for now I will talk about another subject I guess. How about summer, is everyone ready for summer? I know I am, I mean I love winter, the snow, how pretty it is, but I am ready for summer. I want to run on the grass bare feet again, I want to look at the pretty nature grow. The grass turn green, the flowers go, I can tell you this, and I can’t wait till I can go on hikes again. Last summer I went hiking with my cousins and we went on this beautiful hike to a waterfall, it was so pretty. We climbed rocks, felt the nice cold water, and then we ran all the way down, we probably tripped five times each but it was fun. Summer is what I can’t wait for. It will be here before anyone realizes though, the seasons seem to change over night. The seasons are a wonderful thing, it is nice for a change every few months, people need that change after a few months.

From,

Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment