Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, April 11, 2010
Thursday, two weeks later


The phone started to ring so Jessica who was by the phone picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Jessica, this is Mrs. Allred, I was wondering if Sandy was at home by chance?”

“She is, just a minute, I’ll get her.”

“Thank you,” replied Mrs. Allred.

Covering the phone with her hand Jessica called out, “Sandy, the phone’s for you”

“Ok, thanks, you can hang up now I’ve got the one downstairs.”

Waiting till Jessica had hung up, Sandy nodded her head and then answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Sandy this is Mrs. Allred, I know you’re not in school anymore but do you remember when I asked you to bring me those drawings of yours. Well, I sent them into a landscaping company and they liked what they saw and they want you to work for them! You don’t even have to go and get an interview.”

“You sent them in and I got the job!” Exclaimed Sandy. “Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome Sandy, you really deserved it. You were my best student you know. Ok, they said that you will start whenever they get back from a family reunion and that they will call you then. They also said that your designs that I sent to them have already sold. So they won’t start the landscapes until you have started to work for them but they have already sent you the money for your 5 designs. They also said that you should get your money today.”

“Oh thank you so much, how can I ever repay you?”

“No need for that. Well I’ve got to go so good luck when you start your new job. They sent some information with your money also. The company is the Scott Anderson Company. Ok, bye Sandy and good luck!”

“Thank you and good bye to you too.”

Putting the phone away, Sandy screamed with joy.

“Sandy are you ok?” asked Jessica in a worried voice.

“Yes I am just fine, absolutely fine. I got a job with the best landscape company.”

“You did!” screamed Jessica.

“Yes, and I’ll start whenever they get back from a family reun….”

She never finished the sentence because she realized that there visitors coming for a family reunion were the Andersons. The owners of the Scott Anderson Company!

“Sand whenever they get back from a family what?”

“Jessica. There the family that’s coming to stay at our house for the week. They own the company I just got hired for.”

“That means you’ll get to meet them before you start working for them. That’s good isn’t it? Why aren’t you happy” Jessica asked seeing that Sandy had a frown on her face.

“I am it’s just……….. Oh never mind. Well we’ve got to start getting the house ready, they’ll be here in two days. Ok, so we need to clean up the guest bedrooms, works on the yard today, well let’s just say we need to do a lot.”

“Alright, what do you want me to do?”

“Amanda is bringing over Jake, Erin, the twins and baby Sarah. Mike and her want to go on a date till around 8 o’clock. They are coming over at 12:00. What time is it?”

“10:15,”came Jessica’s reply as she looked down at her watch.

“So, you and Lauren can work on cleaning up the kitchen and TV. room for now. Amy and I will go out and start working in the yard. When you’re done in those two rooms, send Lauren out to help. Then you can go to your work party.”

“Sounds good to me, I’ll go and find those two and tell them the plan.”

As Jessica was walking down the stairs Sandy hesitated. When Jessica had asked why she had a frown on her face, she hadn’t told the truth. She felt like something was going to happen today and it was going to change all her life plans. Her plan was to go to work for a year, leave on a mission and then get married if she found the right guy. Why was she having wired feeling then? Her plan was a good one and she wasn’t doing anything wrong? Oh well she thought walking into the bedroom her and her cousins shared, to change into some work clothes.

Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment