Sunday, April 4, 2010

NEW STORY: I NEED YOUR OPINION!

Sunday, April 4, 2010
Ok, so I am going to take a break from the story this time because I am not really in the mood to write the continuing part of the story. I have ideas and everything but I am not in the mood to be writing them right now so I am just going to write how I feel. I am getting tired of that story. So here is another one that I have been working on. If you like this one better just tell me because I would gladly continue this one.


Opening up my window early in the morning I sat down on my window seat and looked out the window. Waking up at 6:00 in the morning people were beginning to wake but not too many. Enjoying the fresh air and the beautiful farm land behind the house I looked out and began to think. Ready for a new day and something new I began to plan my schedule. Go to school, work on the yard and clean the house wow that’s something exciting. Not really. I’m ready for a new kind of day! I screamed in my mind. I want to do something different. I mean I’m 20 years old for goodness sake. I want my life to go on. Yes I do have my wonderful three cousins living with me but there all gone and not coming back till next Saturday and today is Thursday. They had gone to visit there family and to get a vacation in before the summer hustle.

I’m graduating tomorrow! It popped into my head. So I won’t be alone the whole week then. My family is coming today at noon, and there staying till next Saturday. It won’t be that bad any more. I thought excitedly.

While this was all going through my head the sun had come up and it was now 6:10. Jumping up I scurried to my closet to find an outfit to wear for the day. One more day of school and then I don’t have to go to school any more. Coming out of the bathroom I looked at my out fit making sure I was modest. Satisfied with what I saw I hurried, washed my face and did my hair.

Hearing a noise in the hallway I went to go see what it was. The phone was ringing. Picking it up I answered it. “Hello?”

“Sandy, I’m so glad I caught you before you left” It was my dad and I knew that right away. “I have a favor to ask of you. Could our old friends come too you house in two weeks for a family reunion?”

“Sure why not, who is it?”

“Do you remember our old friends the Andersons, who your mother and I used to babysit?”

“Yes, there oldest daughter Amanda lives right next door.”

“Well, they would like to have it at your house and stay for a week, with Scott Anderson his family, his brothers family and there dad. Is that ok?”

“Ok, that’s fine, so when are they coming?”

“They are going to come the not next Saturday but the next one after that. So a week after we leave.”

“Alright, so when are you leaving to come down to Provo?”

“We’re leaving around 10:30 because it’s about and hour and a half from Layton to Provo at the most.”

“Ok, see you around noon then, love you dad.”

“Love you too, bye”

“Bye”



Walking down the stairs I didn’t realize that what I had just talked about to my dad would change my life forever.

Sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast, I was looking at some drawing I had done for my last assignment in college at BYU. Well it wasn’t exactly an assignment though, my teacher who taught me everything about landscape designing, asked if I would give her a few of my drawings to look at during my class period. I told her of course, not knowing why, and was now narrowing them down to my top 5. Picking my selection and putting them in my portfolio I left for my last day of college.


Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment