Monday, September 28, 2009

Farms

I love the harvest season. I mean I love seeing the plants grow too, but it is really cool to see the harvesting being done. Having a farm right behind my house I really get to see it in action. The harvest season always smells good. Some people don’t like it but I love the smell of thousands of onions. It just smells so good, and to see all that hard work of the farmers pay off and to look at what they have grown. It is really cool. How the pumpkins get huge, the watermelons, the corn grow tall and then you get to eat this delicious corn, sweet and everything. The wheat waving beautiful in the wind and then harvested, and when the harvest season comes we get to enjoy what has been grown. To eat freshly grown tomatoes, onions and carrots. And others like apples, cucumbers, zucchini and so much more. It’s just a wonderful time of the year. Smelling the freshly grown things and getting to enjoy them is a big thing. I love many things about farms besides the harvest season. Like I said I like the growing season too. I like to look out the kitchen window and look at the farm. Sometimes I’ll just sit there for 20 minuets and just stair outside at the farm. I like to see the plants grow bigger, taller and see the little buds appear. To see the buds grow into fruits and vegetables, and then you get to eat them. (Note: I’m not writing this in the order of the way things grow on the farm.) When there done you seen the farmers and there helpers outside throwing watermelons into a truck or picking up hay bails, its fun to see growth in progress. Even though the preparing the field and planting goes before the other two things I like that too. Then they go over the dirt many times to make sure it’s healthy. Then they plant the seeds or starters and go along the rows planting them carefully. It is really something to see. I just love living right by a farm and seeing everything that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment