Sunday, September 20, 2009

Okay so here is my try at doing the weekly thing…


Reading is a definitely a thing I like to do. I have a book shelf I got two years ago and 2 and a half of the four shelves are full of books. I’ve got 6 books from Sisters in Time, a series, the whole series of the Narnia series by C. S. Lewis. All the books in the Fablehaven (accept the last book which isn’t out yet). The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and quite a few other books that are great.

Right now the book I am reading is “Rocket Boys” by Homer H. Hickam Jr. Even though I’m only on like page 17 it’s actually not that hard of a book to get into. It actually has some pretty interesting history and more in it. I have seen the movie “October Sky” and I really liked it so I know the plot but the book goes into more detail about his family and all.

It’s really hard to say more when I’m only on page 17 but for those who haven’t read it here is the story line: In the time of the 1860’s when a group of boys have a dream to launch rockets into space. They made it possible to have that dreams come true. Now a NASA engineer Homer Hickam tells the story of his youth in West Virginia.

So since I’m not that far in my book I’ll write about a few of my favorite books I’ve read so far. Percy Jackson and the Olympians has to be one of my top favorites. It’s about a boy who has dyslexia and finds out that his dad Poseidon the Sea God. The books are about him being chased by monsters and having to go on dangerous missions. He has to meet people who act like friends and turn out to be traitors. He goes through a lot of trouble and has a lot of people hate him just because he’s Poseidon’s son.

Another series that is my favorite is Favlehaven. That is one of the best books I’ve read. It’s about a brother and sister who help there grandparents with keeping there reserve safe. There grandparents, and a few family helpers know about the reserve and see the fairies and other things. There parents don’t know though because there grandparents just think it’s better. There is four books right now, but the author is writing another, the fifth, and I think it is the last book in the series. It is a fun book and full of adventure.

I have also read the whole Work and the Glory series which has nine books and Gerald N. Lund’s new one Undaunted. They are great books and I loved them. Another good book is Inkheart. I haven’t read the other two but I am planning on it. It is a great book about a girl and her dad. She is trying to figure out a lot of things and gets in dangerous situations. So those are some of my favorite books, though I have a lot more I could write about.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Percy Jackson :D haha

    guess what? I am now on PAGE SIX of October Sky!! WOW!!! *sigh* i don't think i have ever been so bored when reading a book. actually, never mind. Mrs. Pollifax was about 10 billion times worse. That book was only like 100 pages long, and it still took my over a term to get half way through. I hated reading it THAT MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE WORK AND THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of my most favorite series EVER!!!!!!!!! and since I read so much, I should know about good books...

    ReplyDelete