Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday, January 24, 2010


Who has read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series? If you haven’t you are missing out on one of the best books in the world. It is a book that just draws you right in, you don’t want to put it down when you are reading it. I felt that way exactly, my parents would have to tell me to put it down and do my homework or something. Well you should read the book, everyone that I have talked to that has read the book loved it. I am so excited though because there is a movie coming out that is based on the series and I can’t wait, yes I know it won’t be as good as the book, because books are usually better then the movie, but I can’t wait to see it and it is coming out so soon. The trailer for it looks amazing; I sure do hope it turns out good. I know that my brother and I want to go to it.

Well, from reading that paragraph you can see that I have read that five book series, well I love reading that is the reason. I would read all day if I had the time, but of course there is school, homework and all the other daily life stuff to do that I usually don’t have much time for reading at the end of the day. (*Note: I have probably already written about this on my blog.) I just finished The Illustrated Man, which was quite interesting, I mean all the space stuff and everything, and it was still good though. I would have to say that my favorite book that I have read in the past month is Pride and Prejudice. Yes I have written about this many times on my blog already but I love this book, it is amazing, I watched the movie again this past weekend. Right now I am reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, I have only read a few pages of it so far, but it is still very good, from what I have read in the first few pages. I hope to finish this book soon, hoping that I don’t have too much homework.

For those of you that don’t like to read, I would say that you should try to find a book that looks good and try to sit down and read it. Most of the people that don’t like to read don’t take the time to try and read, I know that from experience, I used to dislike reading very much, my parents had to ask me many times to get me to read for school. Now though, they have to ask me many times to put the book down, you see what I mean? If you just take the time you might actually find out that you have a passion for reading. You will find an adventure that you never though you could find if you just open up a book and give it a try. When I am reading I am in a whole new world.

Sincerely,

Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment