Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010
I am tired of writing boring posts, it is no fun, I don’t enjoy writing them and I don’t enjoy reading them so I am going to try doing something else for this post. I am going to write a story that is if it is alright to write for the class I am posting for. Here I go.


The wind blew into my room as I sat in front of the opened window and stared off into the beautiful world in my back yard. Everything was beautiful, the flowers, grass, trees, sky, everything. Gazing into this all I didn’t realize that my brother had come into the room and was staring at me. Hearing someone clear their throat I turned around and saw my brother standing in my doorway.

“Mom and Dad want us in the living room ASAP.” Said the voice of my brother and then he turned and walked towards the living room.

“Alright, I’m coming,” I answered after him as I got off the window seal and walked out of the room.

My mind was spinning and I couldn’t believe it. Was my dream really going to come true, were we finally going to Hawaii? I couldn’t wait and ran up the stairs as fast as I could to get to the living room. My parents had been debating over where we were going to go on our family vacation. Running into the living room my parents looked up from the laptop that they had sitting on my dad’s lap.

“Well,” said my dad once everyone was sitting down in front of him, “we have called this family meeting to tell you where we are going on our family vacation. I have some good news for you and some bad news for you, the good is that we are leaving a week from today; the bad news is that we aren’t going to Hawaii but somewhere better. We are going on a trip across the Atlantic to the Europe area.”

I couldn’t believe it, the Europe area, I had wanted to go there more than Hawaii but I had never told my parents before because I thought that we would never go there. It had not ever crossed my mind that we would actually go there. I looked up at my parents and said, “Oh mom and dad we don’t need to go to Hawaii, and this trip will be just fine.”

“I am glad you agree because like I said we are leaving a week from today so we must prepare fast.”

“Why are we going so soon though?” That was my question, we hadn’t really ever gone somewhere this far before on such short notice.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, because my friend and his family are going with us too and he has already booked our tickets.”

“Which friend would that be?” Asked my brother, just younger than me, who sounded a little concerned.

“The Andersons, the family that we had over for dinner around a month ago, don’t worry; we will have a great time.”

THE ANDERSONS! My brother and I looked at each other in shock………..

Laila Daae
P.S.
I know this is different, but if you have liked it so far look for the next section in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. nice change of pace :) I like it! nice cliff hanger, too! Looking forward to the follow up!

    ReplyDelete