Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010
In my English class we just finished Romeo and Juliet and I really don’t know why people complained about it or why they have in the past. I actually like the story very well, I mean the writing is definitely different, but so is Dickens writing. He has a nice way of putting things even if it is this long description, and if there way of talking is weird, because it is, Shakespeare is just a good writer. He is a true writer and knows what he is doing. I some ways I wish I was that good at writing. I have to admit that I didn’t like the part that I had to memorize a passage, but I guess it wasn’t too bad, and I got it done.


I hadn’t really read the whole story, I mean I knew what it was about and everything, and I liked it. I didn’t really know that Juliet was good at wining, Romeo too, and that Romeo wasn’t very patient. Well that would have to be one way of putting it, and that is one way that I would describe the two. I didn’t know that they married like less than a day after they met. I didn’t know that Romeo was banished; I guess that I never really listened to or read the story. I have to admit that I liked the way that they pronounced the words in the story; they just had an interesting way of talking.

Romeo and Juliet is the kind of story that I liked at time and then I didn’t. There were parts where I was like why were they being so dumb and then other parts where I absolutely liked how things turned out. For example, I liked how Tybalt and Paris were killed, but I definitely didn’t like how Romeo and Juliet killed themselves just because of their families. I think that it is ridiculous how people can be mad at each other for so long, it ruins the generations after them too just because they are mad at each other. I didn’t even catch the reason of why they were mad at each other, was it even mentioned in the story? If it was mentioned I guess I wasn’t listening to that part well, and I thought that I listened pretty well.

I have to say that I liked watching the different versions of the story after we read it; it helped me understand it better and it was quite entertaining. I had no idea that there were that many versions of Romeo and Juliet, I mean it makes sense to be caught up with the style in life. Romeo was and adventurous, day dreaming boy, who seemed to be struck with the sight of a girl at one time or the other. He sure did change mind a lot and moved really fast, I can’t imagine marring someone when I am older and not telling my parents, that is just dumb. Then there was Juliet who thought a bit more than Romeo but was captured pretty much when she first saw him. I never knew that the story was so good and I am quite glad that we read it in English.

Thanks for reading,
Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment