Sunday, May 30, 2010

I stopped in mid air as I watched a guy get out of the car and walk in front of the Truck.


“What?” Asked Sandy, as she looked at me after she went searching for her list, which didn’t take long, “What did you say, I wasn’t listening?”

“Oh, that guy right there, do you know who he is? He has been following us since your house.” Looking back I his direction I saw that he was mad, very mad.

With a sigh of despair Sandy looked over at me and said, “Yes, unfortunately. Do you mind if we run into the store and get out of his sight?”

“Not at all, does he bug you?”

“Well, we used to date, but I didn’t like him because he stopped coming to church and so he wasn’t the guy for me. He is still made that I won’t talk to him. He sometimes follows me around trying to get to me. It won’t work though. I am sure glad that you came with me; I don’t know what I would have done. Are you ready? Let’s get going I am not going to talk to him now.”

Jumping out of the car and running to her door before she could open it, I opened it for her. The manly thing to do, right? Then taking her hand we ran into the store, grabbed a cart and hurried. We didn’t see him the whole time we were in the store. Though when we went back out he was there and he was in a worse mood. Even though I didn’t know his mood when we had gone in.

He jumped out in front of us, “Sandy, what are you doing with this guy, I’m supposed to be that guy. Though you seem to forget that and I…”

I cut him off in his sentence. “Excuse me, but we are trying to get through. Sandy has some errands to run.”

What happened next I did not expect at all. He swung a punch at me and knocked me to the ground. He then took Sandy by the hand and looked her in the eyes, glaring at her. I jumped up as quickly as I could. I then swung back at this guy, whoever he was he was stuck up with himself. Hitting him, I grabbed Sandy and we ran to the truck, jumped in and locked the doors. I then started the car, she had left the keys in the car, and we drove off. Once I thought we were fine to stop I pulled into a fast-food parking lot and parked.

“Are you ok?” I asked with concern. She looked quite shaken up and I was my self too. “How did you ever like a guy like that?”

“He didn’t used to be like that, he used to be a great guy, but then he started getting involved in bad things and then I decided I didn’t want to hand out with him, any way I had thought we were just friends. I guess not. I am really sorry I hope he didn’t hurt you. Oh no you are bleeding, here let me help you,” looking under the seat she grabbed a first aid kit. I pulled down the mirror in the truck and looked at myself. I was a sight to see with this huge bruise and cut. Boy was I something and the fight had only lasted like 30 seconds. I must be weak. Now what does Sandy thing of me?

Thanks for reading!
Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment