Sunday, May 16, 2010

Outside in the back yard.


Laughter was ringing around as Sean was sitting with Jessica, Amy, and Lauren as he watched Sandy play with the kids on the grass. When he heard the laughter he was startled and looked at the three girls that he was sitting on the back patio with.

“I must have missed something,” he said and the he asked quickly, “Is Sandy always this good with kids and do you think she is busy tonight?”

The three girls looked at him amazed, and they smiled with huge smiles on their faces.

“She is fantastic with kids,” Lauren said, “never have I seen her unhappy to be with kids. About being busy tonight, I don’t think she has anything. I think she was planning on going shopping for a few hours to load up on food and buy some summer stuff. If you want I am sure she will let you go with her.” Was Lauren’s reply along with a little give it a try kind of voice.

“I think I will give it a try,” Sean said, and with that he got up and walked over to Sandy.”

“Oh, this is absolutely wonderful! Do you think there is any hope for them?” Asked Amy with a joyful voice. “I knew I was going to like Sean, and plus the two of them used to play with each other when they were little, so they should know each other a bit. You see it will all work out.”

Jessica and Lauren laughed with happy smiles on there faces. Then the three of them turned to see what was going to happen between Sandy and Sean when he started talking to her. When he reached her he sat down and picked up Sarah. After playing with her for a minuet he looked over at Sandy who was being tickled by Jake, Erin, Kyle and Carson. Well she was more like being attacked but she wasn’t minding it at all, she was just playing along.

Getting the courage to talk up Sean said, “Hey you guys, why don’t you go and play tag for a while and give Sandy a break.” He looked at them as they turned to him, seeming disappointed but giving in, they then ran to the corner of the yard to begin a game. Standing baby Sarah up and giving her a little push Sean looked over at Sandy. “I was told that you are going shopping tonight. Do you mind if I come with you?”

Startled, Sandy looked up and said, “I you would like too, I don’t mind it might be nice to have some company.”

“Ok, great thanks, what time do you want to leave?”

“Why not in an hour, that way we can get everyone settled in and then go.”

“Sounds good to me, I am going to go get freshened up and go do a little more work.” And with that Sean got up and walked into the house with a triumphant look on his face. She might not know this but he was considering this as a date, and it was going to be a wonderful one.

Read next week to see what happens.
Laila Daae

No comments:

Post a Comment