Sunday, November 15, 2009

I haven’t written yet because I wanted to write about the fireside I just got back from. It was with the author of Christmas Jars, Jason F. Wright. He was a fantastic speaker. I mean every one in the room felt something and at the same time it was a funny talk. He knew just how to catch our attention and make us smile.

What made me smile the most was when he looked at the audience, of which the chapel was full, then said well you must have been told that John Bytheway. It got the audience. We all started laughing, he was so nice and he was just great. He told us a few stories about how his book Christmas Jars has influenced many. He told us some of the letters and e-mails he has gotten. They were amazing. It is amazing all the trial people have gone through and then some one brings the Christmas Jar and it is a whole new world. He explained that to us to. About even if we do small things it will influence many. The stories really shocked me. The one that made my eyes get watery was about a five year old boy. He had gotten headaches and the doctors said that it was probably just growing pains. Well it then got worse, worse enough that he had to go to the emergency room. He had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball. Then he was in operation with in a few hours. He had cancer for around a year, then when he went to one of his check ups the doctors had to say that there was nothing else they could do. The family took the boy home and they spent there holidays in the living room around him. On Christmas Eve the door bell rang. The family answered it and on the door step they found two jars full of change and cash. With the jars there was a note that said that the money was for the five year old boy. The boy didn’t want to keep it; he wanted to give it to Primary Children’s Hospital, so that they could replace the broken toys. A while later he died. Though ever since that the family has done a Christmas Jar in remembrance of there son.


It was a really good story, though Jason F. Wright went into more detail. The fireside was really good and I learned a lot. It makes me want to do more service and be less greedy. It made me have the desire to do more, give more. So on the ride home my mom and I were talking about the project I am going to do for National Honors Junior Society. I can’t wait to start my project for it; it is going to be so much fun. Though I can’t start for a while because I have to do school term projects and finish all my big homework assignments before I can start. Which is going to take awhile, I can just tell you that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laila! Last night was a wonderful evening. What a fantastic turnout. Thanks so much for coming and I can't wait to hear how your project turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah Laila that's pretty special - Jason Wright commented! :) Awesome job! Good luck with your project and I'll see you at school!

    ReplyDelete