Sunday, November 1, 2009

St. George Memories!

Many people wouldn’t consider going to St. George as a vacation, but our family does it every year. It doesn’t even matter what time of year it is. It’s crazy, that is what some people might say, but our family enjoys it. Why, well we have a lot of family that lives in St. George. I have cousins of every age (except old) that live there so it makes it fun to be around everyone, each person having their own characteristics. It is the Jenkins side of my family that lives down there. I have many stories that I could tell from going down there. One that my cousin Sierra and I will always remember is when we went to my grandparents’ house. The two of us went there for a sleep over and boy did we have every thing planned. We had gotten permission from Sierra’s brother to take his rubber spider, which looked just like a real spider. So the spider was Davis’ spider. Now just a little background about the Jenkins, it is the grandchildren’s tradition to always scare our grandma with fake bugs and snakes, all of us do it. Back to my story now, so we get there and we decide to watch a movie. At the Jenkinses’ residence there are always movies. We watched this one movie that my grandma had, it was about some singers, I don’t know exactly it was a long time ago, and with the movie we had popcorn. Then we got ready for bed. We were really good by getting ready for bed without any complaints just like our parents’ had said to be. When we got in the guest bed room and shut the door we couldn’t stop giggling. We couldn’t wait until morning. We had a plan for it and we were going to stay to schedule. If you made a plan yours wouldn’t have been this good I can tell you that. We woke up at 6:00 am just as we had planned; my grandma likes to sleep in late, and waited until we heard the front door shut as my grandpa left for work. We then scurried to my cousin’s luggage to get the fake spider out. We then crawled to into my grandparents’ bedroom, opening the door very quietly. The grandchildren’s joke was to put the spider in our grandma’s slippers. We did just that, putting it in one of the slippers and making sure that its legs and everything were showing. We then left the room crawling as fast as we could, into the living room. Then we hurried to clean up the mess we made the night before. While we were doing this all of a sudden we heard a scream. It was my grandma, we ran into her room and saw her screaming, looking down at her slippers. We laughed the whole time and as we walked into the kitchen with her. Then as we sat down at the counter my cousin and I smiled and said that we deserved breakfast in bed. We sure were our grandma’s favorite grand children. I mean if all the grandma’s in the world knew what we did we would be all of their favorite grandchildren. My cousin and I had a lot of fun that morning. Though we have done many different pranks since then to many different other people in our family. Like the lizard that my brothers and boy cousins let into my grandparents house, and the sand that my little two year old cousin put a shovel full of sand into his dad’s swimming suit at the beach. All of the grandchildren like to do silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment