Sunday, November 8, 2009

Piano

I really don’t know what to write about. I remembered that I hadn’t written on my blog for the week at 8:00 pm Sunday night. Isn’t that just wonderful? And right now I am trying to figure out what to write about. When I remembered that I hadn’t done my post yet I was playing the piano.



I have been playing the piano since I turned 8 years old. My first piano teacher was a family friend from Clearfield, but it took to long to get there after school, so I had to switch my piano teacher to a family friend that lived really close, a lot closer in fact. I have been taking lessons from her from when I was around 8 and a half to 9 years old. Though this year, I have had to stop taking lessons from her because she had a lot going on in her life at the moment.


So for now I am teaching my self in a way and practicing on my own, just picking random songs out of my piano books. Three of my four brothers are also playing the piano too. My youngest brother wants to start lessons soon, which he is almost eight any ways. Also my little sister, who is five years old, has been begging to start lessons also.


A funny thing about my brothers also playing the piano is that my oldest brother who is two years younger then me is trying to pass me up in piano. So we are trying to get our songs mastered so that we can go to the next levels in piano. The thing that makes me nervous is that he is only one level behind me. I need to be practicing more to stay ahead of him. To help me get better I have been trying harder songs to test myself.


Though I do not like practicing the piano at all, I dread it so bad. I like playing the piano just for fun, not to get songs passed off. I do better at my playing when I am doing it for fun. When I am doing it to get songs passed off in my books I always forget to practice or just don’t want to do it at all.


I have done some really fun songs and some really boring slow songs. I mean I like the slow songs, but not when the notes don’t go together and sound horrible together. Then I play really fun songs and I end up loving them. Loving them enough that I master the songs and I then have the songs memorized. I love playing the piano. I love to learn songs that I have heard before and play them enough to master them. I like to play songs that I can sing too. I love music, but I only like the music that is appropriate and beautiful. Not the dumb music that swears and has inappropriate words to it. I like the music that has meaning and teaches things that are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment